Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Monday, March 28, 2011

Just a preview

I thought I would take a few quick picks of some of my finished yarn. These are pics of 2-ply yarn I made a few months ago right after I learned how to spin yarn The pink/mauve yarn is from a blend I bought at the yarn/fiber store. It has merino wool and silk blended together and Ashford sells it.
The yellow/squash color is also from the same store, but cost less and was just different to work with. It is from Corriedale sheep, apparently..I love the color....makes me think of Thanksgiving dinner and squash-Num!


Still pretty chunky yarn, I know, but I am much better at skinny yarn now. The merino/silk was very fluffy and hard to spin into thinner yarn. I had an Ashford blend called "Ocean" that I made a hat for one of my daughters out of...very cool and pretty color.

No comments: