Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Silver & Purple butterflies! (and other silliness)

The mani I am wearing at the moment turned out awesome! I was in the mood for some more SH Blue Me Away...but my order from Amazon came in- 3 SH Chrome nail polishes! I ordered more, since they are so awesome for stamping and I love metallics.
So "new toy playtime"  won out over the pretty blue *sigh* maybe later this week...

I started with Revlon Silver Dollar, one coat over a base coat...
I figured I could get away with one coat, since I was doing a full nail stamp after.

This is one of the new BundleMonster plates...can't remember the number. I used Sally Hansen Purple Diamond Chrome, and like the last SH Chrome...awesome for stamping...downright frigging awesome!
I thought I would toss this in for JQ from Fripperydigits, who is a weaver. She was actually the inspiration for this mani too, LOL! I had the opportunity to get some wool fleece (plural?!) for just the cost of shearing. Since I am a spinner and can blow $30 pretty fast on a small bag of lovely wool and alpaca fibers, I Jumped at this opportunity. I got the total fleeces from 4 sheep for cheap. Below is the best of the batch, uncleaned but lovely to my eye!

I can't wait to get this washed and carded and start making yarn out of it. This fleece was SO soft, even in this state (off the sheep less than 48 hours). You can dye wool and people hair with Kool-Aid drink mixes and it's pretty darn fun, actually! Have a great day and please leave a comment if you visit!

8 comments:

NeeLai said...

love this mani! :)

Gottwinkies said...

Thank-you!! I'm loving all of the silvery goodness :0)

Paulina said...

lovely base colour! i like the stamp too.

Gottwinkies said...

Thanks Paulina!

ABOP Laquerlove said...

Silver Dollar is amazingly shiny! Great stamping!

Gottwinkies said...

ABOP...thanks and I totally agree...I love my silvery things!

JQ said...

May I ask you how you wash your fleece? :)

Gottwinkies said...

JQ, I sent a long detailed and probably boring response to your e-mail address, LOL! Not a simple process, but fun in it's own right!