Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Monday, August 1, 2011

Franken Mani! (and cool rocks, too!)

We went crystal hunting in the mountains nearby, so that is what the rock comment is all about, LOL! Anyways, on to the mani! ABOP suggested trying my new frankenpolish I purchased from her blogsale over one of my frankens...so I did!
2 coats of my dusty blue franken and 1 coat of ABOP's flakie franken. This stuff is gorgeous, not too thin, not too thick and goes on like a dream. I don't know about your luck, but whenever I buy a glitter or a flakie polish, it is as thick as molasses and not nearly as yummy! At any rate, she has 1 of those frankens left as of this posting, lol...
Here is my blue franken again...

A bit blurry...but such a pretty color...
Now for the bling!

My free handing on the silver stripe stinks...oh well! I mostly wanted to see how well  the flakie polish did with a scotch tape line. It did nicely! No little flakie bits hanging over into the rest, but I think it is because ABOP used various sized flakies in her franken.


And this is one of the funky cool rock formations we saw while driving. The dark shadow you see near the bottom is a gap that was big enough to crawl into, kinda cool I thought. There were these amazing monolithic rock formations all over the area, so cool.  I did find some crystals and one fairly nice 1cm smoky quartz that should make a nice pendant for someone :0)


5 comments:

ABOP Laquerlove said...

Yaaay! You used the flakie! Looks fab. I'm still in awe over the gorgeousness of that blue franken on its own!

Gottwinkies said...

Awww, thank you!!!! I love your franken! Must try it over a pink, now...or a purple! Have you made your own blue like this one yet?

Paulina said...

what a big rock! there are no such rocks where i live

Gottwinkies said...

What I thought was wild...this is one of the smaller formations. Just looking at these made me happy. Also made me want to climb them, just so I could sit on top :)

Gottwinkies said...

Also forgot to say...I didn't realize we had rocks like this nearby either! This was about 50 miles away, up in the mountains.