Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Monday, October 1, 2012

Brag & Drool White Mani

Oh, I was so proud of how this mani turned out. A little bit of bragging, because one of the polishes is one I made...drooling, because, well, it's Drool worthy!

I started with 2 coats of Essie Marshmallow. It really is a softy-lovely white. First coat is like most whites, but the second coat rocked it. These were thick coats, so I had some bubbling-I would have done better with 3 moderate coats, but ah well....




Next I put on my new polish...I was trying out a sample over anything and everything I can....just to see if it needed tweaking. I love it over Essie Marshmallow!

Brag time....


 
Anyone drooling? I was, LOL! Green/gold/orangey shimmer, with a sneaky bit of gold holo glitter. A bit hard to see the orange shimmer, but that is ok....it might be just enriching the other colors?

ABOP gave me lots of ideas on the tattoos for nails and I went a bit outside the box and bought some rub-on decals. Unfortunately, I didn't wait long enough and ruined my other thumbnail a teeny bit. The rubbing pushed the polish under the SV/topcoat and off to the sides...so freaky! So I tried pushing  it back, dammit! I ended up re-doing that thumb--So I only had one special finger, lol...should have been my middle one.....
Whoops.....almost forgot to add the finished mani pics!


I planned this mani special for a work event. I was part of a small team receiving an award-extremely proud of a HUGE amount of hard work that we completed over 2 years. At any rate...my mani had to be kind of "tame", lol. This is as close as she gets, guys!

Take care, hug your sweeties (furry or otherwise) and I have a very pretty mani coming up next time, with a great Indie polish (3 Best Friends That Anyone Could Have). See ya!
 

5 comments:

Marias Nail Art said...

I'm drooling, it's gorgeous, I really love it :)

ABOP Laquerlove said...

Love the rub-on! Soft white with shimmer is such a winner. Congrats on the award :)
I must say I'm jealous that you were able to get Marshmallow to play well. I tried it once for a mani and almost threw it out of the window, I was so frustrated with the formula. The mani never happened and Marshmallow got swapped as soon as possible, haha!

Gottwinkies said...

Marias Nail Art ( I always want to call you Maria!)- I love getting feedback on this stuff, so I know It's not just me! Thank-you!

Gottwinkies said...

ABOP- I generally have a hard time with Essies....not sure what it is...but I was ready for this one, lol! I will continue on for the perfect white, as this didn't quite meet that standard! Thanks, and glad you liked the mani!

Gottwinkies said...

Thank-you Paulina!