Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Bullying-not acceptable

I have seen a lot on the Internet today about bullying and I know I don't have very many people that read my blog, but here is where I stand.

Don't do it-there is nothing funny or cool about it, it is demeaning and hurtful. I don't care what people think about nails or hands that aren't perfect-open up your minds, close your mouths or get off the Internet.

My sweetie grew up with significant learning disabilities and so has one of my daughters (they are both far more intelligent than I am!). I have seen what that meanness of spirit does to a person first hand and it doesn't take much to bruise a person's spirit beyond repair. My mom used to say, "walk a mile in some one's shoes before you judge". Thank-you Mom, that is how I try to live.


I have seen someone insult a fellow blogger-made me furious. It was the lovely ABOP that was insulted.  It was beyond unacceptable. (The Redneck in me wanted to "Open up a can of Whoop-Ass")

So count me in-My precious few readers-Being hateful, spiteful or downright racist is not ever acceptable.


 

2 comments:

Marias Nail Art said...

I agree "walk a mile in some one's shoes before you judge" is sound advice.
I was bullied as a child, so I know, what it's like....

Gottwinkies said...

Thank-you Maria